Am I Registered?
A Registered Voter Must Be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- 18 years or older by Election Day
- A resident of the State of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election
- A resident of Knox County and the precinct where you vote
Voter Registration Locations Are:
- Board of Elections, 117 East High Street, Mount Vernon
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles licensing locations
- Public Libraries
- Agencies providing public assistance
- Agencies providing services to people with disabilities
- Public High Schools and Vocational Schools
- Office of The County Treasurer
- Request a form from the Board of Elections by telephone, mail, or email
- City Halls
- Secretary of State
- Ohio law does not permit you to register on the Internet
After You Register
- You will receive a registration card from the Board of Elections. The card will give the name of your precinct and the address of your polling place. It will also list your Congressional and State House.
To Maintain your Registration
- Vote at least once every four years
- Notify the board of elections in writing of any change of address/name
Information Regarding Your Registration or Voting Place
- Call the Knox County Board of Election at 740-393-6716
To Vote In An Election, Must I Be Registered?
- Yes, 30 days before the election.
- Members of the armed forces serving on active duty have two ways to register to vote:
- They may maintain their registration at the precinct in which they have a voting residence in the state
- They may obtain an Absentee Ballot under the "uniformed and Overseas Voting Act" which is an application for voter registration as well as an absentee ballot request. This also applies to spouses and dependents if they left Ohio to be with the service member.
Do I Declare My Politics When I Register?
- No. Under Ohio law, the ballot you vote in a primary election determines your party affiliation
- The Secretary of State's office maintains a phone line to provide information on registration and voting for hearing-impaired citizens.
The TTY number is (614) 466-0562